After assessing my progress on my goals for the year, I realized that I haven't been doing enough work on them. I came to the conclusion there was no flipping way I would accomplish even half if I didn't get my butt in gear.
I decided to start working on #8. (Clean out the toy room.) I made it one of my goals because I want to move Peyton into it once it's done. I started yesterday and worked for about about 5 hours ( HOLY CRAP!), but it's looking really good. It's not done yet, but it's a million miles away from where it was. I finished with 5 (kitchen size) bags of garbage. Yes, 5! That's actually kind of terrifying to me. And I also ended up with 4 (kitchen size) bags of toys to donate. YES! Hooray for progress. It makes me very happy. The next step is to patch, sand and paint all of the walls Cameron decided to "decorate" when he was living in the room a few years ago. Once that's done, Peyton can move in!
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
- I'm feeling a little off kilter. Out of sorts, really. This mild winter has really messed up my internal clock/system and I don't like it. In fact, you know what! I'm feeling a little jipped. I like it to be cold when it's supposed to be cold, i.e., winter. And warm when it's supposed to me warm, i.e., spring. I don't need it to be 60+ degrees in January. I need it to be freeze your toes off cold so that I can appreciate the 60+ degrees come April. Once April and "Spring" hits, I don't want to feel like I've been there and done that.
- I feel like I need to apologize to my kids and I don't know why. And I'm not sure if apologizing is what I really feel like I need to do. I haven't been yelling excessively. At least, I hope I haven't. We seem to be getting along well, for the most part. My "beast" days have been fairly few and far between. Everyone has been getting fed. Everyone has clean clothes to wear and shoes that fit. Day to day life has been humming along just as it should. But I guess what it maybe is, is that I feel like I haven't been doing "enough". Like, we need more excitement, or something. It's weird. I'm going to blame my crazy thoughts on the crazy weather.
- I'm making progress on my goals for this year. Well, sort of. I'm right on track to complete #2. If my count is correct, I've read 11 books so far. I've accomplished #4. I'm making a daily, conscious effort to work on #7. It's such a hard one for me because it's not something that comes to me naturally. #9 is a work in progress. Ummm...numbers 12 & 13 are kind of hit and miss. 16 is still a go! I'm holding strong and my hair is a little past "medium" length now. At least, that's what I would say. I not only accomplished #21, I did it multiple times. How was it, you ask? Meh. But I'll try to improve my attitude about them. 25 & 26 are fine. And, hmmm....there's not really anything to report on the others. I suppose I need to work harder.
- My kids continue to defy me and grow bigger each day. Tyler wore through a couple of pairs of pants and so I bought him more. I bought a size bigger, thinking that he would need to roll the cuff up for a bit and could grow into them eventually. Wrong! They fit him just right. Dang. Cameron, oh, Cameron. He's still the same old him, but he's turning into a slightly different him. If that makes any sense. He's maturing. (In some ways.) And he's funny. Really, really funny. Peyton seems to change and mature daily. He is a toddler no more and forever. Sad.
- And, a quote to sum up these pointless ramblings: "He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has." - Epictetus I am so grateful for all that I have!
at 1:00 PM