Thursday, November 19, 2009

Computer

Ryan has built me a new computer. My old one was "okay", but was slowly dying. (The machine itself had problems in addition to the modem problems, which by the way, is now working fantastically. I never have trouble viewing pages anymore. I have the Internet back in the way it was meant to be.) It kept shutting off at random times and would say that it had recovered from a "serious system error" when I would turn it back on. The processor just didn't want to process anymore. I guess computers get old too.

I'm now using Windows 7. Ryan tells me it's basically the same as XP and it's different. Great. Different is bad because I don't handle change all that well. Keeping things the same is a comfort to me. He tells me I need to just play around with it to figure it out and I'll eventually get it. I told him I would, but I have a secret. I never really played around with, or figured out XP all that well. I still don't have a very clear idea of what drive I was supposed to be storing my pictures on after they were downloaded. (Ryan knows this. How he thinks I'll be able to figure out Windows 7 is a mystery to me.) I have/had too many choices of where to put them. We have a server computer in our basement that I think is supposed to be the "media" server and where pictures are supposed to go. We also have our bedroom computer that has a purpose all it's own. What that is, I have no idea. It's so confusing to me. I just want to plug in my camera and download my pictures without having to figure out where I'm downloading them too. I want to click "yes" and have the magic little elves inside the computer take care of the rest for me. After transferring all the files from the old computer to the new last night, Ryan told me that I had pictures in 4 different places. I'm not surprised.


3 comments:

Kristen said...

I don't handle change well either. It's good that Ryan already knows all the stuff so you can just ask him.

Jillene said...

Good thing he knows where they are--or you could just ask Tyler. He's be able to find them!! (0:

Jules AF said...

I hate Office 07. I couldn't even figure out how to print when I first got it.