Saturday, June 28, 2008
I have only been running on the treadmill and there have been times when I've had some cramping in my feet, but nothing that I couldn't deal with. Certainly, nothing this bad for months. I can go for a good 30+ minutes without any trouble. I will admit that for the past 3 weeks I've only run on an average of 3 times a week. I've let it slide since school let out. Today was just unexpected and very frustrating. I think that I should have done just fine. It's not like I'm at the beginning of all of this. This wasn't the first time I've ran. I feel like a real baby because I really do run and for a longer period of time than 7 minutes. I think that it's finally time for me to go to Salt Lake Running Co. and get them to assess me.
Friday, June 27, 2008
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
You Are Belle!
Intelligent and kind. Your beauty goes much further than your apperance. Also, you make judgements of people based on their personality and not their looks. Attaining all the knowledge that you can is one of your major goals in life, but you are also a person who can make things happen.
Which Disney Princess Are You?
I'm a Porsche 911!
You have a classic style, but you're up-to-date with the latest technology. You're ambitious, competitive, and you love to win. Performance, precision, and prestige - you're one of the elite,and you know it.
Cameron is hilarious to watch. He just moves in such a
funny way. Every year, he gets better and better.
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Monday, June 23, 2008
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
200 Have and Have nots!
1. Touched an iceberg
2. Slept under the stars
3. Been a part of a hockey fight
4. Changed a baby's diaper
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Swam with wild dolphins
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a tarantula (I've actually only touched one)
10. Said "I love you" and meant it
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris (I will be in September)
13. Watched a lightning storm
14. Stayed up all night long and watched the sun rise
15. Seen the Northern Lights
16. Gone to a huge sports game
17. Walked the stairs to the top of the Statue of Liberty (We have an 8 hour layover in New York in September. I'd like to try to go then.)
18. Grown and eaten your own vegetables
19. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope
20. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Bet on a winning horse
23. Taken a sick day when you're not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping (Well, I was only 2)
27. Taken an ice cold bath
28. Had a meaningful conversation with a beggar
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Ridden a roller coaster
31. Hit a home run
32. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking (I do it practically everyday for my kids)
33. Adopted an accent for fun (I've tried and not really succeeded. I recently heard a little boy say "Hello. I like to speak in a British accent." He sounded like Pee Wee Herman being strangled. Very funny.)
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Felt very happy about your life, even for just a moment
36. Loved your job 90% of the time
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Watched wild whales
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Gone on a walk on the beach
41. Gone sky diving
42. Visited Ireland
43. Ever bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited India
45. Bench-pressed your own weight
46. Milked a cow
47. Alphabetized your personal files
48. Ever worn a superhero costume
49. Sung karaoke
50. Lounged around in bed all day
51. Gone scuba diving (I haven't actually gone scuba diving. I've tried snorkeling. Is that close enough? They both involve sticking your head underwater. I'm just way too claustrophobic to scuba dive.)
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud (I did it all the time as a kid. I would make mud pies and then eat them. I like the feel of it on my teeth.)
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Done something you should regret, but don't
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Been in a movie
60. Gone without food for 3 days
61. Made cookies from scratch
62. Won first prize in a costume contest
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Been in a combat zone
65. Spoken more than one language fluently
66. Gotten into a fight while attempting to defend someone
67. Bounced a check
68. Read - and understood - your credit report (I would say I actually really only understood a little more than half.)
69. Recently bought and played with a favorite childhood toy
70. Found out something significant that your ancestors did
71. Called or written your Congress person
72. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over
73. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge
74. Helped an animal give birth
75. Been fired or laid off from a job
76. Won money
77. Broken a bone
78. Ridden a motorcycle
79. Driven any land vehicle at a speed of greater than 100 mph
80. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
81. Slept through an entire flight: takeoff, flight, and landing
82. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days
83. Eaten sushi (Salmon is my favorite)
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read The Bible cover to cover
86. Changed some one's mind about something you care deeply about
87. Gotten someone fired for their actions (Not actually fired, but pretty close to it)
88. Gone back to school
89. Changed your name
90. Caught a fly in the air with your bare hands
91. Eaten fried green tomatoes
92. Read The Iliad (Parts of it for AP English)
93. Taught yourself an art from scratch
94. Killed and prepared an animal for eating (A chicken)
95. Apologized to someone years after inflicting the hurt
96. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language
97. Been elected to public office
98. Thought to yourself that you're living your dream
99. Had to put someone you love into hospice care
100. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn't know you
101. Had a booth at a street fair
102. Dyed your hair
103. Been a DJ
104. Rocked a baby to sleep
105. Ever dropped a cat from a high place to see if it really lands on all four (No way! I can't even stand the thought of touching them. It's the ribs. I hate the way they feel.)
106. Raked your carpet
107.Brought out the best in people (I'd like to think that I have)
108.Brought out the worst in people
109. Worn a mood ring
110. Ridden a horse
111. Carved an animal from a piece of wood or bar of soap
112.Cooked a dish where four people asked for the recipe
113. Buried a child
114.Gone to a Broadway (or equivalent to your country) play
115. Been inside the pyramids
116.Shot a basketball into a basket
117. Danced at a disco
118. Played in a band
119. Shot a bird (No birds, but I have shot at jack rabbits. The only animals I've ever "hunted". It's not very fun. They scream when they're hurt. Creepy)
120. Gone to an arboretum
121.Tutored someone (The same happened to me that happened to Rebecca when I first read this. I thought that it said tortured someone. That would be yes. I love to tickle my kids until they can't stand it and scream. No one is allowed to touch me. Tutored, no.)
122.Ridden a train
123. Brought an old fad back into style
124. Eaten caviar
125.Let a salesman talk you into something you didn’t need
126. Ridden a giraffe or elephant
127. Published a book
128.Pieced a quilt
129.Lived in an historic place
130.Acted in a play or performed on a stage
131.Asked for a raise
132. Made a hole-in-one
133. Gone deep sea fishing
134.Gone roller skating
135. Run a marathon
136. Learned to surf
137. Invented something
138. Flown first class
139. Spent the night in a 5-star luxury suite
140. Flown in a helicopter
141. Visited Africa
142. Sang a solo
143. Gone spelunking (I think that Timpanogos cave counts)
144.Learned how to take a compliment
145.Written a love-story
146. Seen Michelangelo’s David
147. Had your portrait painted (Does having your silhouette done at Disneyland count?)
148.Written a fan letter
149. Spent the night in something haunted
150. Owned a St. Bernard or Great Dane
151. Ran away
152. Learned to juggle
153. Been a boss (Well, I do have kids)
154. Sat on a jury
155.Lied about your weight (Probably everyday since I was 15)
156.Gone on a diet
157. Found an arrowhead or a gold nugget
158.Written a poem
159. Carried your lunch in a lunchbox
160. Gotten food poisoning
161. Gone on a service, humanitarian or religious mission
162. Hiked the Grand Canyon
163.Sat on a park bench and fed the ducks
164. Gone to the opera
165.Gotten a letter from someone famous
166. Worn knickers
167. Ridden in a limousine
168. Attended the Olympics
169. Can hula or waltz
170. Read a half dozen Nancy Drew or Hardy Boys books
171. Been stuck in an elevator
172. Had a revelatory dream
173.Thought you might crash in an airplane
174. Had a song dedicated to you on the radio or at a concert
175. Saved someone’s life
176. Eaten raw whale
177.Know how to tat, smock or do needlepoint
178.Laughed till your side hurt
179. Straddled the equator
180. Taken a photograph of something other than people that is worth framing
181. Gone to a Shakespeare Festival
182. Sent a message in a bottle
183. Spent the night in a hostel
184.Been a cashier
185. Seen geyser erupt
186. Joined a union
187.Donated blood or plasma (Absolutely not. I have a huge fear of needles. Especially when they're taking something out of me)
188.Built a campfire
189. Kept a blog
190. Had hives
191. Worn custom made shoes or boots
192. Made a PowerPoint presentation (I've watched my 8 year old son, Tyler, do it many times)
193. Taken a Hunter’s Safety Course
194. Served at a soup kitchen
195. Conquered the Rubik’s cube
196. Know CPR
197. Ridden in or owned a convertible
198.Found a long lost friend (Yes, but I've lost them again)
199. Helped solve a crime (Yes. If finding out who made a certain mess at my house counts)
200. Responded to a NJP newsletter
I let them give it a try again this week. It hasn't been pretty. By about noon they are both ready for a nap. I guess it's ok if they don't get much sleep because they don't have to get up for school in the morning. I keep waiting for them to get sick of it, but it hasn't happened yet. They've also been asking if they can move into the same room again. No way. They would kill each other. There are days when they can't even be around each other for 5 minutes without their hands ending up around each other's throats. They would end up throwing each other through the walls if they were living together in the same room.
Monday, June 16, 2008
So, if anyone is here for the same reasons I end up at other blogs (because you get bored and you just can't help it), feel free to leave me a comment. I find it highly entertaining to get to "meet" people from all walks of life.
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Sunday, June 8, 2008
I did get a little mad at the teacher I was the most mad at last week. She decided to come up to me and apologize for being so "flaky lately". If by "flaky" she meant only being there around 25% of the time, 50% if we're lucky, and if by "lately" she meant since March 2007, I'd like to know what she would consider being active. She was very flippant about it and I could tell that she really wanted me to just brush it off and be ok with it. You know, just tell her everything was fine and not to worry about it. I didn't do any of that. I know she could tell I was NOT happy. However, there was someone else standing there at the time, so I didn't get the chance to tell her the things that really needed to be said. The things that I can and have the right to say being the Primary President. She will hear it soon.
Tyler and Cameron both gave talks today in opening exercises. Avery read the scripture. I wrote the talks for them. They approved them and then read them on their own. Yes, Cameron read his on his own. He only had a little trouble with a couple of words and he looked down at the paper the whole time, not speaking into the mic, but he did great. He's reading at around a third grade level and he's only starting 1st grade in the fall. Crazy. I've always said that I would probably have children who would be evil geniuses and would pass me up in the intelligence department.
Tyler is going to be speaking in Sacrament meeting on Father's Day. He's very excited. He was asked last week and as soon as he got home from church, he started working on it. We have a draft in progress. We'll work on it in the next couple of days and get everything finalized. I can't believe I have a son who is old enough to be speaking on his own in Sacrament meeting. Does that mean that I'm getting old?
Friday, June 6, 2008
I've been creeped out by it ever since. Last night, Ryan was telling my about how the Hancuff's cat rubbed its head up against him when he was at their house last night. We were laying in bed at the time. So, he didn't just tell me. He decided to demonstrate, using his own head. I screamed and gagged and had a panic attack. Mean husband.
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Another thing I'm not so glad about is having the entire neighborhood over here everyday. The kids from up the street showed up last summer, everyday at around 8:00. I can't ever get them to leave. If we would go somewhere, they would be hanging out in our front yard when we got home. They're constantly begging for food when they're here too. They don't have the most attentive parents. They don't have any idea where they are 99% of the time. One father called on Tuesday night this week at 8:45 p.m. wondering if his 9 year old son was at my house, or did I know where he was. No, I didn't know where he was. Isn't that supposed to be his job? At that time of the night, my kids have been in for hours and have had a bath and are ready for bed. I think I'm going to put my foot down this year and tell their mothers that there are restrictions on them being here. Only 30 minutes per day (yeah, right) and I won't be feeding them anything either. :0)
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
1. What is his name? Ryan Eric Hendriksen
2. How long have you been together? It will be 10 years on September 11th
3. How long did you date? 1 week. Yes, you read that right. From May 30th to June 6th when we got engaged.
4. Who eats more? It's hard to say. Ryan's kind of weird about food. He won't eat leftovers. He won't eat similar things too close together (like pizza for lunch and pasta for dinner) and if I tell him what I'm making for dinner, he might not want it. I guess he needs to be surprised. If I just make it and plop it down in front of him, he eats without complaining. I usually put more on his plate than mine and he usually eats all of it. So, I guess that means that he eats more.
5. Who said I love you first? We said it at the same time.
6. Who is taller? Ryan
7. Who sings better? Definitely Ryan. I have a theory that if I sing really loud, it makes me sound better. I try it every Sunday, but it hasn't made me improve.
8. Who is smarter? When it comes to remembering things, Ryan. Other than that I would like to say that we are pretty equally matched.
9. Who does the laundry? Me. Ryan doesn't even know which is the washer and which is the dryer. So, he wouldn't even know where to begin. Plus, I like things done the way I want them done.
10. Who does the dishes? 99% of the time, me. He surprises me every once in a while and will get them done while I'm out somewhere.
11. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Me
12. Who pays the bills? Me
13. Who mows the lawn? "Ryan" but remember when I said how I like things done the way I want them done. I also like things done when I want them done. Ryan's idea of doing it in a "timely" manner is a little different from mine. So, I usually beat him to it.
14. Who cooks dinner? Me. I've introduced him to both the microwave and the oven/stove. His idea of cooking would be to take the kids to KFC.
15. Who drives when you are together? Ryan
16. Who is more stubborn? It's equal. He would say that I am and I would say that he is. We both refuse to change our minds on this subject. That can make for some interesting times around our house.
17. Who kissed who first? I kissed him. He was way too shy. Once he got the idea, he became very enthusiastic.
18. Who asked who out first? Neither of us really asked. We just decided to "hang out" together on May 30, 1998 and we got engaged on June 6, 1998. Married on September 11, 1998.
19. Who proposed? Ryan. He didn't even have a ring with him at the time. He did happen to have one at home that he bought on a whim one day because it was on sale. (No. It was never meant for someone else.) Most know how I don't like to bother with things that I feel are tedious. I consider ring shopping to be tedious. I told him to bring the ring on over and I would look at it/try it on. It fit right out of the box. Done.
20. Who is more sensitive? What is that supposed to mean? Who is more sensitive! What a stupid question. Oh, I guess that would be me.
21. Who has more friends? I think that we both consider pretty much all of the same people friends. So, I guess it's a tie.
22. Who has more siblings? Ryan: 2 brothers, 4 sisters. Me: 2 brothers.
23. Who wears the pants in the family? Me, but Ryan still thinks that he can make me do things the way he wants me to do them. Never going to happen. Remember the stubborn thing. So, he would say that he wears them.
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Monday, June 2, 2008
Just don't ask me how to do it. I paid attention, but the way that I pay attention, which means I didn't really at all.