Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I think I'm keeping Tylenol and Excedrin in business

I have been having some wicked headaches for the past 2-3 weeks. This happens from time to time. I'll suddenly start getting nasty ones every day and that will last for sometimes up to a month. I HATE it. No over the counter remedy really helps that much. They just take the edge off. I'm pretty sure that I have a high pain threshold, but even I have a breaking point. I'm getting really sick of these. I think the cause this time around is hormonal. I stopped taking the pill because I now have an IUD, I guess Mirena is an IUC, and it's not hormonal. I guess that my body will just have to adjust and adapt. The same thing has happened after having a baby. I did an extensive 2 minute Internet search and found that after having such high hormones during pregnancy and then a sudden drop after birth can cause headaches. Thankfully, things usually return back to normal after a relatively short amount of time. I'm experiencing a strong sense of deja vu. Have I written this before? Sorry if I have. The headaches can sometimes make me more loopy than normal. :0)

3 comments:

Jillene said...

For the past week I have been having horendus headaches. I can't really blame it on hormomes since I haven't had a baby recently and I haven't taken the pill since before Liv was conceived. I really don't know what is wrong with me. Guess I should see a Dr. huh?

I hope your headaches get better soon. I know how you feel--they really suck (especially when you have kids yelling and screaming in your face all day). (0:

Jami said...

I hope you get feeling better. Headaches can really bring you down, I know it does for me. If you ever need a break and need to get some rest send your kids over.

Bobie said...

Excedrin Migraine is my favorite drug of choice. That with a big diet coke (caffeine) takes away my headaches. I'll bring you a Dr Pepper if you think it would help!!