Friday, June 6, 2008

Hairless pets! Weird!

Wednesday night, Emily Deyoung and I went to see Sadie Medina. She broke the femur in her right leg over Memorial Day weekend in a four wheeling accident. We got her a few things to pass the time while she's stuck in a cast. While we were sitting and chatting with Sadie, her sister Savannah, her grandma and her mom, a cat suddenly walked into the room. Not just any cat either. A disgusting, creepy, gross hairless one. I thought that it must be dead. It reminded me of the corpse of a cat. I immediately started to panic. It was kind of slinking around the room and I had a bit of a hard time keeping it in my sights. It disappeared for a second and suddenly it was on the couch walking behind Emily and approaching me. Oh, no. It came right up to me and started rubbing it's head on my arm. I almost started puking and hyperventilating at the same time. I think that I was practically falling off the couch leaning over the arm. I was trying to get as far away from it as I could. That only seemed to encourage it. All I could say was, "Oh, my. You're very friendly." My voice must have sounded panicked and Linda, Sadie's grandma, saw my distress and got up to get the cat away. She said that the stupid thing only did that to people who it could tell didn't like cats. Those who love them, it wasn't at all interested in. Oh, great. I was on edge for the entire rest of the visit and couldn't wait to get out of there.

I've been creeped out by it ever since. Last night, Ryan was telling my about how the Hancuff's cat rubbed its head up against him when he was at their house last night. We were laying in bed at the time. So, he didn't just tell me. He decided to demonstrate, using his own head. I screamed and gagged and had a panic attack. Mean husband.

4 comments:

Bobie said...

Hairless animals are so ugly. They remind me of Smeagles in Lord of the Rings.

Heather said...

That's awesome, I could totally see Ryan doing that to you! :) Sorry about the cat. It's funny because I feel the same way you do, only I hate dogs instead.

Jillene said...

I would have had a herat attack!! I have seen a hairless cat and they are DISGUSTING!! When I was dating Matt, the first time he brought me to his house I was in the living room and he was in the bathroom and all of a sudden I saw this creepy thing hobbling along on the floor. I was totally creeped out but when it came into full view I uttered a slight scream (good thing no one else was home) and I went from sitting in the chair to standing in the chair. Right in front of me was a 3 legged cat!! I always hated going to his parents house for fear of that cat! Thank goodness it died shortly after we were married.

Jami said...

Ryan makes me laugh. I can totally see him doing that to you, although not very nice. I don't like cats either. They are kinda creepy.