Thursday, June 5, 2008

Curly, straight. Curly, straight.

This picture of her from the back, kind of gives
you an idea of what I'm talking about. Curly on
the bottom, straight on top. It's actually kind
of tame here. It's usually much worse.

Avery has some crazy hair. It's very curly at the nape of her neck. In fact, it's curly all the way around her head, but just the bottom layer of hair. The top, overlay is stick straight. It can sometimes make her hair look like it's very tangled. Even if I've combed it only 1 minute before. Lately, she's decided that it's unnecessary to do anything with it. I try to get her to let me at least put a ponytail in it. She says, "No. That's not lovely. It's lovely just like this." Meaning crazy and tangled. I think she thinks if it's down and long, it looks more princessy. Sigh.


Today we spent the afternoon together doing girly stuff. (Peyton came along for the ride.) We went to have our nails done. She had her fingernails and toenails painted. She was right in her element and enjoyed every minute of it. In fact, when I suggested the outing stuff she said, "I can go to Sheena and get my hair colored too." No, not yet.


I had a pedicure. I've never had it done professionally. Sweet, merciful crap! I loved it. It's going to be hard to resist going at least once a week. I tend to carry a lot of tension and stress in my feet. It was amazing sticking them in the jetted spa and then having someone massage all of that out. I'll have to limit myself to once every 5-6 weeks like Bobie. I'm going to have to find a way to get one of those chairs/tubs for my house. I would soak my feet in it every night. Heaven!

5 comments:

Jillene said...

Hannah has some crazy hair like that too. It all has some curl to it except for one chunk on the side. Hannah also went through a fase where she wouldn't let me do her hair. It drove me crazy but she grew out of it (eventually)!!

Bobie said...

That's my favorite thing to do. Take all my girls to get our nails done. Hands and toes. I love pedicures. They are my favorite. I decided for the summer I will go every 4 weeks. But for the winter months 6 weeks. I actually got fake nails on my hands done this time. It makes me feel womanly!! Tiana paid for them,so I was like SURE!! Sad thing is, my finger nails grow so fast, you'd think I'd have beautiful nails... but I tend to bite and chip and peel them when I'm nervous. Since they grow so fast, I already need a fill!! We should all go in a few weeks for a girls afternoon out and get our pedicures and have lunch!! (Lord knows I will need some R & R after girls camp!)

Jami said...

When I was little I had crazy hair (I know it is hard to believe) with all my curls. I would have extremely curly curls and then not so much curly curls it drove my mom crazy, she could never do anything with it. I remember sometimes it fuzzy?! I would try to straighten it or try to wear it curly. It has been until I got older that it has turned into a pretty curl. Jessi went through the same phase as Avery, she would not let me touch her hair, it drove me crazy. But like Jillene said with Hannah she grew out of it. I'm with Bobie I will for sure need a pedicure after girls camp. I had my first one in april and loooooved it!!!

Malinovka said...

Oh, how I would love to have a pedicure!! I've heard it really is all you say it is. I need to make it happen...soon!

Jillene said...

Ah yes!! Pedicures ROCK!! I really need one! The last time I had one was 1 week before we went to Disneyland. We should make a girls day for lunch and pedicures!! Maybe we should do it every 4-5 weeks. Sounds like a plan to me!!