Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I'm Happy

I took my body measurements last night. I'm happy with the results. I know they could be better if I had just worked a little harder, but I had a few interruptions during my 90 days. My interruptions threw off the momentum a bit. They didn't totally mess me up, but I know that I would have slightly better results if they hadn't happened. I don't want to have excuses, but it's reality. I had 2 vacations, one bout of bronchitis and one of strep throat (just last week) that kind of threw off my continuity. I did all but 3 of the workouts because of the sickies and made up the days missed because of vacations.

My Results:

Weight lost: 13.4 lbs.

Body fat % lost: 3.9% (I do wish this one was lower because believe me, I have fat to spare. This just tells me I need to be far more diligent and disciplined with my diet.)

Chest: 1/2 in. lost

Waist: 1 1/2 in. lost

Hips: 1 3/4 in. lost

Right thigh: 1 in. lost

Left thigh: 1 in. lost

Right arm: 1/4 in. gained

Left arm: 1/4 in. gained

You may remember (I'm assuming here that people read this) that I lost weight and inches about a year ago when I did Slim in 6. I think I gained back about 5-8 pounds during my little workout hiatus. Also known as a period in which I was super lazy. So, I lost that weight plus a bit more. Fortunately, I didn't really gain back any of the inches I lost last year. Hooray! That means these inches are extras. Looking at the total of inches lost, it doesn't look like a whole ton. And it really isn't. But....it's a good start. I know I can and will do better my next go around. I'm looking forward to it.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I am so dang proud of you! I worked out today and felt so out of shape so I am telling you right now that I am going to do it every day for the rest of this week. I don't dare say it anywhere else yet because I don't want to be held accountable it I get lazy.

Heather said...

Good work! :) It's good to track your results like you have!