Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Sick

My poor little Peyton has been sick on and off since Monday. He'll have a fever for several hours and then be fine. Then the fever comes back. And then he's fine again. He's been running another fever for most of the day today and in general, has felt pretty blah. It's starting to wear on him.

He heard Tyler go outside to play this afternoon and cried and begged to be able to go outside with him. I told him it just wasn't a good idea because of the fever. I had to work very hard to convince him that he really did want to stay inside so he could give his body a chance to get better. After about 5 minutes of talking, he finally said, "I can't take this anymore! I just want my old life back!" It was so sad and pathetic and it broke my heart, but how do you not laugh at a statement like that at the same time?! I so hope he starts feeling better soon.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Your kids always say things that make them sound like little minature adults. I love it! I really hope he feels better soon not just for his sake but for you sanity as well!