Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Lofty

 Okay, it's time to admit to myself that accomplishing my 37 goals I hoped to accomplish before I turn 37, just isn't going to happen.  I knew when I made them that they were going to be tough, but I decided to go big.  I went a little too big.  I'm not necessarily unhappy with what I did accomplish, but do know I could have accomplished many, many more had I only applied myself.  I do want to look at the positive aspects of this and so I can say, if anything, I know how to structure the list in the future. 

For example:  I now have plenty to roll over to a list for the next year and I also know which ones I will delete.  There are quite a few that seemed like a good idea at the time I wrote them, but my total lack of desire to do them tells me that I will most likely never do them.  I need to set goals that I can maintain an excitement and enthusiasm for until they're completed.  I don't want to complete them simply because I feel like I have to.  I want to complete them because, well, I want to complete them.  Feeling like I have to complete them makes them feel like a chore, or that I'm being told what to do.  I think I've made it pretty clear how I react to being told what to do.  My stick it to the man instinct kicks in and I do the exact opposite of what I'm being told.  Even if I'm the one telling myself to do something.  It makes absolutely no sense to me either.

I'm satisfied with what I did and I look forward to constructing a much more manageable list for the next year.  (It's coming up faster than I care to admit, by the way.  I have a little over 2 months (crazy!)to come up with some good, manageable goals.)

No comments: