Friday, June 26, 2009

Grammar

Avery, Peyton and I were driving home last night from my sister in law Rachel's wedding. Congratulations Rachel & Keith. Ryan was in his truck with Tyler and Cameron. (They left several minutes before us. So, there was no way we would have seen them on the road.) Peyton saw a truck that looked like Ryan's and yelled out, "MOM! DAD"S TRUCK!" There's no point in trying to correct a toddler. So, I just said, "yeah, that's Dad's truck." He obsessed over it and kept saying it all the way home. He'd say, "Mom, where's Dad's truck? I don't know." I kept saying "I don't know" back to him. Over and over and over. After several minutes Avery piped in with, "Awwwww....listen to Peyton. He's talking more gooder all the time." I laughed pretty hard and she didn't get why.

12 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Don't shoot me, but it's actually "Grammar."

I'll just pretend you did that on purpose. :)

Christa said...

Oh duh! I actually do know that. ☺ I even thought to myself as I was typing "be sure to spell it right" and was thinking in my head "gramMAR". Looks like I should have tried harder. I'll fix it now because it will bug me if I don't.

Erin said...

I love how kids can say something 50 times and never get sick of it. I wish I could listen 50 times and not get sick of it either :)

I thought what Avery said was cute too.

danamack1 said...

I heard them saying it as I was reading this, that is so funny

Rosie and Derek said...

LOL! I love it! And I had no idea that Rachel was getting married... I guess I haven't seen her in quite a while.

Lisa said...

I needed the giggle tonight. Thank you!!!!

Jillene said...

Hehe!! He is talking gooder!!

Jo said...

Sounds just like the conversations we have here! And he is getting gooder and I am getting prouderest of him too!

Jules AF said...

Oh children. This made me laugh.

Amy said...

I love kids!!! It is moments like these that help me remember why I had them in the first place. How was the cake?? I love the word "flabalanche" Way FUNNY!!!

Just SO said...

Gooder on him! Too cute!

Beck said...

Your kids are so cute. I cannot believe that Avery talks so well- I am still in the mindset that she is a baby. I guess that is about how much we ever see each other! I also enjoyed Tyler on the mic with Ryan. Man- is he a chip off the old block or what?!?