Thursday, November 11, 2010

Reading

My son, Tyler, is a voracious reader and has been for years. (And, for the record, my son Cameron is a big time reader too. ☺) He'll read just about anything, but loves fantasy books the most. One of his favorite series of books is Fablehaven.

I was looking for something to read last month and so I went to his room which has so many books, it's almost like a library. I decided on the Fablehaven series because he's always raved about it. I must say, I've really been enjoying the books too. I'm currently halfway through the third book. Once I finish typing this, I'm going to go jump back into it. I don't care if they are children's books. They're fun and entertaining and reading them gives me something to talk about with Tyler. So there! I do have to say though, that the Seth character is so over the top naughty at times. As a mother, I want to just reach into the book and paddle his butt to knock some sense into him. Other then that, they're really great fun & very entertaining. That's what I want in a book!

2 comments:

Rosie and Derek said...

Ethan loves those books too. Maybe after I've finished my gigantic reading list I'll have to pull one out and see what I think.

Kristen said...

I haven't read them but I reread Beezus and Ramona not to long ago. I loved those as a child and used to laugh because I assiciated with Ramona and thought Beezus was so mean and bossy. Now as a mother I switched my opinion and the things that Ramona does made me want to reach through the book and paddle her little heiny. Funny that you would say that because I remember thinking the EXACT same thing a month ago when I read the children's book. Also the kids "best friend" in Indian in the Cupboard is kind of a bugger as well in my opinion but I didn't use to think that growing up, just when I reread it with my boys.