Saturday, September 6, 2008

Details (185)


Ryan is good at researching and planning things out. I'm not. That's why I'm glad that he's taking care of all the finer points related to our trip. I really don't have much interest in it. I tend to get easily distracted and really kind of bored. It's better if he takes care of it and I just come along for the ride.

He's been poring over maps of the London and Paris subway and train systems. He knows how to get us from all the points A to all the points B. He's reserved a car for us in London for the 11th (our anniversary). We're just going to keep it for the day and use it to get to the temple and also Windsor Castle and probably several other points in between. Should be exciting.

He's been telling me all about what he's doing, but it just boggles my mind. Like I said, the details don't interest me. I just want to get there and see how things go.

(He just told me he thinks that he has things planned as well as he can from here. Now, he just has to wait until we get there. Good.)

7 comments:

Jules AF said...

The metro in Paris is FABULOUS. My sister and I don't speak French, but we did really well on it by ourselves for two weeks. I didn't go on the tube in London, but driving on the wrong side of the road is NOT THAT SCARY. Seriously. Just make sure you know which exit you want to get off on before you get to the roundabouts. That'll help a lot. I'm so jealous you're going there soon! I want to head back asap. Okay maybe after grad school. I love love love love love Paris. I think it's my favorite city. I didn't get enough time in London, so I can't really judge it. But England is so fun. (Scotland is better though.) I'm so jealous.

Jillene said...

Ditto to Julie! I am so jealous! But I am happy for you--I know that it has been your dream to go to London. I really hope you guys have an amazing time. Take LOTS of pictures--remember I have to live vicariously through you!

Kristen said...

Wow you leave tomorrow!!! I am so excited for you, how fun to get away with your hubby for a whole 10 days, this trip has been a long time coming!

Kristina P. said...

I'm a huge trip planner. My friends and family always want me to plan our trips. Can't help you in Paris or London, but if you ever go to NYC, I can definitely get you around.

Bobie said...

I hope your trip is absolutely amazing. YOu deserve it!! If you have time, make sure to blog so we can keep up to date on your adventures!! Have fun!!

Brittany Marie said...

I'm so excited for you and your trip! Post lots of pictures!

TJ said...

Oh, you're so lucky, I wish my husband was the planner. I don't like doing, but if I wait for him, it just won't happen.
Have a fun, safe trip.