Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Slim

I have been sporadically doing P90X with Ryan. I have enjoyed what I have done, but I'm not very good at some of it. For example, I cannot for the life of me do a jumping jack. (You do them during a break time in the karate workout.) I swear I could do them as a child, but it seems to be a talent I have lost. My left foot doesn't want to "jump" out for anything. It stays in the center and basically almost picks up off the floor. I look pretty ridiculous with my arms flailing and only my right leg kicking out. Mastering a jumping jack should be my next project.

Last week, after watching me struggle with the cursed jumping jack, Ryan politely said to me, "Uhhh....you know this program is kind of, sort of designed for people who are already in sort of decent shape." Now, even though he said it politely, I did smack him and call him a creep. I know I'm not in great shape, but I didn't need him pointing it out. Plus, I don't think you necessarily have to be in shape to do a jumping jack. I think you just have to be slightly coordinated. I thought I was, but apparently not. I reluctantly agreed something different was needed. Some of the P90X workouts are crazy hard and I don't think I would ever be able to do them.

I'm starting this program today. I think it will fit me a little better.


11 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I've been doing the elliptical almost everyday, but I am still in horrible shape!

Jillene said...

I am hoping and praying (REALLY HARD) that the Dr. lifts my restrictions on Friday. That would mean that I can sweep, vacuum, lift more than 10lbs., and exercise. I am ready to get back on the treadmill and work my butt off (literally)!!

Erin said...

Unfortunately, the word "exercise" isn't in my vocabulary. I'm pretty sure I'm not coordinated either - but it has been years since I even attempted a jumping jack.

Good luck with your exercise program!

Rosie and Derek said...

After a long hiatus from my workout routine I started again today. We'll see how long it lasts...

Just SO said...

That P90X looks like it's tough! Good luck with the new program. I've been out walking pretty regularly...now I need to add some other stuff to the routine.

Amanda and Nick said...

I am guilty of spending hundreds of dollars on work outs I watch the informercial for but let me tell you, there is one called slim in 6, doesn't require jumping or complicated moves and it totally works. I swear by it, now if I could only get back into it ha ha. I lost about 35 pounds in six weeks when I was in high school.

Kristen said...

I am sorry but I am giggling at the mental picure you just gave me and at Ryan's reaction, I haven't tried to do a jumping jack for ages so I might have lost the ability as well. I am going to go and try to do one now.

Hizzeather said...

Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

I work out and eat pretty healthy, and can't lose weight!!! I'm blaming my thyroid. :)

Jo said...

Ryan hasn't been married long enough. Good luck with your new workout though!

{Rebecca Fellows} said...

Holy crap and the P90X Yoga? I never knew Yoga could kill you like that!

The Kenpo is my favorite. Although I'm sure I don't look as cool doing it as I think I should.

Christa said...

Rebecca, I know! That Yoga workout is a total killer, but I love it. Yoga is my all time favorite thing to do. It just makes me feel strong.

I think the Kenpo is my favorite too. Even thought I still can't do a jumping jack. It's great for getting out agression.