I'm still doing P90X. What I am not doing is the Plyometric or other cardio workouts of the program. I've been substituting those with running. I should probably say "running" because it's really more like jogging. Or, perhaps it's a soft "j" and it's yogging. Anyway, I've been running a lot more. Every other day, in fact.
I'm a serious creature of habit. I really don't like to change things. I can't even rearrange my furniture because (1) that would require work and (2) I don't like things to be different. Different scares me. It throws off my routine. My bed has sat in the same spot in which it was placed almost 5 years ago when we moved in. And I'm totally fine with that. I would say the only thing I'm okay with changing is my hair color.
I have to listen to the same music and in the same order each time I run. It goes like this:
- Lovers in Japan/Reign of Love - Coldplay
- Viva la Vida - Coldplay
- Mr. Brightside - The Killers
- Somebody Told Me - The Killers
- All These Things That I've Done - The Killers
- Hysteria - Muse
- In Da Club - 50 Cent
- Holla Back Girl - Gwen Stefani
- Lose Yourself - Eminem (This one is my power song. It pushes me and gets me through at the end. I will sometimes listen to it 3 times in a row, but I only ever listen to it at the end of my run.)
That's it. I don't ever get sick of any of them. However, I'm trying to go for longer runs and have come to realize I kind of need to add a couple more songs to the mix. I'm psyching myself up for it, but if my bed has been in the same place for 5 years, imagine how long it will take me to add a song.