Friday, August 21, 2009

Taking strides

In an effort to be better organized, I have finally started planning out my menus. Yeah, I only said I wanted to do this about 4 months ago. I've planned about 3 weeks out now. Holy cow is it a freeing feeling. It makes it so much easier to shop when I am shopping for specific meals. I usually shop with dinner ideas in mind, but no real specific idea of when I planned to make something. Therefore, I end up buying a lot of the same things over and over and then making the same dishes over and over as well. With what I have planned so far, I don't think we'll end up having the same thing twice in one month. Who knew I had so many recipes to draw from.


I've typed up the menu and it's hanging on the refrigerator. Now everyone knows what to expect. So, what's on the menu.


Today: French Dip Sandwiches. I put a pot roast in a crock pot and season it with salt, pepper, garlic powder, 1 can of French Onion soup, Better Than Bouillon Beef Base (abt. 2 tsp.) and add enough water to come a little bit more than halfway up the roast. Cook it on low for 10-12 hours, or on high for about 8. Remove the roast and shred it. Use the liquid in left in the crock pot as the au jus dipping sauce. Serve on hard rolls.


Tomorrow: Chicken & Wild Rice. You can find the recipe here. It's another crock pot recipe. I absolutely love my crock pot. I think it's one of the best inventions of the last century. I use it all the time.

5 comments:

Jillene said...

I make a 2 week menu. It is SO much eaiser to shop that way. And it is less of a headache for me trying to figure out what to cook for dinner every night.

I asked for new ideas today on Facebook and got some great ideas. You should check them out!!

Kristina P. said...

I don't even have time to cook anymore!

Hizzeather said...

Very cool. I'm still in my selfish phase where I only eat what I feel like, so I don't plan meals. I need to get over that. :)

Jo said...

You are totally inspiring me! My family is going to love you.

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,