Friday, January 22, 2010

I'm getting what I wanted

Disneyland - September 2009


I think my desire to have Peyton love me more than Ryan has been well documented here. It's made me crazy that he refuses to be a momma's boy and would take hanging out with his dad over me any day. It's not fair. He's my last baby. He should let me baby him and smother him and hold him forever. But nooooo. He's been too independent for that. Stinker.

Well, the winds of change have been blowing around here. Peyton finally loves MEEEEEEE!

Like, he prefers me over Ryan. He thinks I'm fun and he wants to spend time with me. Hooray!Take that, Ryan. I'm happy about it and all, but...well, he's almost loving me to death. He's the one who's been smothering. He's the one who has been clingy. I'm getting what I wanted, but I'm almost getting too much. Take that, Christa.

It's been building gradually. I would say he's been warming up to me more and more over the last month. He started by giving me hugs and kisses. Real ones. He's never been one to do that. If I asked him to do it, he would say, "I don't kiss." Or, "I don't hug." He does it freely now and without prodding. That part is nice. What isn't nice is the clinging. For example, he's been following me all around the house for the past 3 days. ALL.DAY.LONG. Wherever Christa goes, there goes Peyton. He whimpers and says, "I hold you! I hold you!" Translation: "Mom, hold me all day and never put me down and don't even try to do anything but hold me." It's been very tiring. He's 2, he's kind of heavy to be carrying around all day. Plus, he's kind of wiggly and doesn't hold still while I'm holding him. He climbs all over me like I'm his own, personal jungle gym. He doesn't want to take naps. He doesn't want to go to bed at night. He doesn't want to play. He just wants to be with me. Always. I'm too independent for that.

I guess the moral of this story is the old saying, "be careful what you wish for". Sometimes, when you get it, it bites you in the butt.

Now, you have to know that I really do love this. However, if he doesn't ease up a little on the loving and do it soon, I might lose it.

5 comments:

Jules AF said...

hahaha awesome.

Kristen said...

That is so cool, I liked this post a lot. That is how Quinten has been with me since birth and I can relate when you think "I love you buddy (so very much) but I just need a moment to myself".

Hizzeather said...

lol...Kids never give us just the perfect amount of loving...it's either too much or not enough. I have to trick my nephews into kissing me. :)

kristalbeckstrand said...

I like your blog, you're a good author and funny. I had to come check it out after you're sweet comment on mine. :)

Just SO said...

Oh I remember those days. I felt bad because there were times I would make my daughter sit on a different couch than me because she was always right. there. Poor girl.