Thursday, January 21, 2010

It's like crack, but brown & bubbly & delicious


It's finally time for me to admit that I fell off the Dr. Pepper wagon. I think it happened back in October. I had a big, fat, monster headache that no medicine would touch. It was hideous. Tylenol...nothing. Excedrin...zip. Ibuprofen...zilch. All were a joke. I finally caved and bought a fountain drink. It was absolute heaven. It eased my headache within an hour and I felt fantastic. (I didn't care if the effect was pshcyosomatic . I just cared that the headache went away.)
I swore that I would be done with it after that. I had been doing so well, I didn't want to have an all out relapse. Well....ummmm....I got another headache a week later. I feared having the pain get as bad as the previous one. I rationalized that one every once in a while wouldn't be so bad. Especially if for medicinal purposes. So, I guzzled one down. It was just as delicious as the first. That led to another a week later and another the week after that. None of them were to treat a headache. I had them because I wanted them. Now, here I am in January and I'm back to being a Dr. Pepper slut. I don't drink it every day. Just once a week or so and I have to say that I'm finally okay with that. I've come to the conclusion that total deprivation isn't the way for me. If I deprive myself, I over indulge and that's worse than simply having one every once in a while. I'm not trying to justify anything to anyone. Including myself. I just thought it was time to state that I ♥ Dr. Pepper and there's nothing wrong with that.

7 comments:

Hizzeather said...

I'm the same with Diet Mt. Dew Code Red...I can't give it up! I try to have only 1 a day, if any, but it's just sooooo good! :)

Kristina P. said...

I think every once in a while is fine. I find that Excedrin works wonders for my headaches.

Erin said...

Enjoy your DP!

Just SO said...

My drug of choice is Coca Cola. I really need to at least cut back if not stop.

Jillene said...

I used to be a Dr. Pepper slut too. I quit 8 years ago next month because I was pregnant with Hannah. I have never touched it since which is a miracle in and of itself. But let me tell you--when Matt or on eof the kids drink it and I get a whiff--it takes me to a happy place and I almost give in.

The Boob Nazi said...

I love diet dr. pepper more than anything in the whole wide world. I don't even care if it kills me.

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,