Monday, September 28, 2009

I failed

I failed at my FJ1W goal. I'm not being hard on myself, or trying to generate sympathy by saying that. I really failed and did it big time. I screamed my head off every.single.day this past week. I'm more than slightly disappointed. It's obviously something I need to work very hard on and for a very long time. So, I'm going to continue with it this week. (Along with my reading goal. I'm still going strong with that one.) And probably every week after for the rest of my life.

I've been thinking long and hard to come up with my next goal. I wanted something that would make a difference in my life and impress my husband as well. Impressing my husband really means I want him to notice and comment about it. I'm a kind of needy. This one is going to be hard for me and I really mean it. I'm not being trite. Here it is:

For Just One Week I am going to wear socks and shoes every day. Not around the house because I think it's stupid to wear them at all times in your home. I plan to do it when I leave the house. Scoff if you want, but this is going to be tough for me. Like, throwing a hissy fit because I don't want to do it tough.

You see, I despise socks with just about every fiber of my being. I can't stand for my feet to feel hot. It makes me feel like I'm suffocating and thereby causes a panic attack when they are. I like socks just fine in the colder months, when they serve the purpose of protecting your feet from the elements. Any other time of the year I feel they are stupid and pointless.

I also hate shoes, let me clarify, lace up ones for the same reasons. I know my feet wouldn't cramp so much when I ran if I wore proper support all the time. Something my husband nags reminds me about daily. I don't care. Shoes that lace up are tight, restrictive, hot, a pain to get on and off, etc.

Despite all of these reasons, I'm going to try. I'm going to show my husband I am capable of doing it. (You might remember I do a lot of things out of spite.) Hopefully, by the time this week is over, my hatred of socks and shoes will be diminished. Even just a small amount.

********************************************

What's on the menu today: Tortilla Stew.



5 comments:

Jillene said...

You shoudn't be so hard on yourself. Honestly--I have to pray every single day and night to be calm. To not overreact, to be patient, to not yell/scream. It is very hard.

Shoes and socks everyday?! It is going to be almost 90* today. I would go into complete heart failure (not really but I am the same as you when it comes to shoes and socks). Good luck!!

Jules AF said...

I managed not to yell, but I don't have 4 kids.... I don't think I could do it if I were you.

Kristina P. said...

That's hilarious. I love that it's a goal of yours!

Erin said...

I'm taking a small break from playing tic tac toe with sidewalk chalk to stop by and say good luck this week! It's supposed to snow or something on Wednesday, so wearing socks and shoes will be good!

I'm sorry last week was so difficult...

Kristen said...

You can do it! I personally witnessed you freak out when you put a necklace on and almost have a little panic attack and now look at you, you wear necklaces just fine now. I am the opposite of you... I love socks. Steve makes fun of me because I love the tight feeling of them so much that I change them a couple of times a day if they start to feel to loose.