Thursday, September 10, 2009

Yay Mom!

I was using my bathroom a couple of nights ago. I had the door shut, but I guess I didn't shut it until it clicked. So, Peyton was able to push it open. I'm very rarely able to go to the bathroom without having someone standing at the door and pounding on it. They always want to know what I'm doing. Hmmm...I wonder? Once I said to Avery, "I'm making cookies!" It stopped her dead in her tracks and she was silent for a few seconds. I could tell she was really puzzling over that one. She said, "no you're not. You can't make cookies in the bathroom." I said, "well, what could I possibly be doing?" She replied, "using the bathroom." I said, "ding, ding, ding! We have a winner! That's exactly what I'm doing."

Anyway, enough of my tangent, Peyton was able to push open the door. When he got in he said, "Mom toilet. Yay!" and then clapped his hands for me. I felt very proud of myself.

******************************************

What's on the menu today: Tomato & Basil Spaghetti. If I had to say what my signature dish is, it would be this. Anyone who has a baby, surgery, is sick, or needs dinner brought to them for some reason, usually gets this from me. I've never heard any complaints about it, so I'm going to assume that it's good. I think it is and it's so easy to make you won't believe it.

4 comments:

Jules AF said...

I'm glad your child is proud of your accomplishment of going to the bathroom. That's funny.

Anonymous said...

OH my gosh!!!! too funny...way to go I am very PROUD of you also LOL

Kristina P. said...

Sarcasm is always acceptable, even with small children.

Bobie said...

Just so you know I love that spaghetti. I had it at Kristen's once and I LOVED it!! I need that reciped. YIPEE.... i'm so proud of you too.