Saturday, August 23, 2008

Because I forgot... (170)

Kristen timidly asked me the other day if I was ever going to post a picture of Avery's birthday cake. I sort of forgot to do it. I'm very sorry. I won the cake at my Enrichment Night Angel Auction. Yeah, that's right. I intentionally bid on a birthday cake (even though I know how to do it myself and Kristen was kind of puzzled that I did) and asked Kristen to make it when I knew she would be 7 1/2 months pregnant. All because I didn't feel like doing it myself. Yes. I can be a bit of a jerk sometimes. Thanks for making it Kristen, hurting back and all. Avery loved it. (I'm sorry that the picture is a bit dark. It didn't seem that way when I was browsing for one, but it sure looks dark here.)

8 comments:

Jillene said...

Very, very cute! I guess that I am going to have to bid on the cake next year.

Matter of fact--Kristen, maybe that is all you should auction off! Like 4 cakes or something!
(0:

The cake is right up Avery's alley. She even looks as though she is posing princess style to match her cake!

Kristina P. said...

That's so cute!

Torina said...

Hey, it's not your fault Kristen is pregnant. and your daughter got a fabulous cake. You can DO that sort of thing? I can't even make muffins!

Holly said...

What a cute cake! She looks pleased.

Hizzeather said...

Your blog is pretty! :)

Kristen said...

Actually my back wasn't hurting yet and I had so much fun making this!!! We don't get pink and purple here at our house just all boy cakes so thank you for bidding on it! Girly things are fun to do! I want to make one of those barbie doll cakes, but I wouldn't know what to do with it!

Kristen said...

Actually my back wasn't hurting yet and I had so much fun making this!!! We don't get pink and purple here at our house just all boy cakes so thank you for bidding on it! Girly things are fun to do! I want to make one of those barbie doll cakes, but I wouldn't know what to do with it!

Brittany Marie said...

Wow, that is such a cute cake! I just thought I'd stop by your blog and stalk you! ;p