Monday, August 25, 2008

Sick (171)

My computer in my bedroom has contracted a virus. It 's kind of a nasty one too. Something to do with Spy ware and trying to get us to install anti-virus software. It keeps going to a blue screen and says that we have a problem and should do something about it. It then fades out and acts like it's restarting. Anyway, it's not good. Ryan will have to reformat it. He's thrilled. There should be some good times coming up around here. Thankfully, I still have our computer downstairs that I can use. It's just a little bit of a pain in the butt. It's nice to be able to see really well because our 46 in. television is the monitor. It's not nice that our wireless keyboard isn't working right now. I'm having to use a regular, old wired one. Poor me. The tower is located about 6 feet away in our media rack in the utility room. The cord obviously only reaches about 4 feet. I've stretched it as far as I can, but I'm still about 2 feet away from the tv and looking at it sideways. What a pain. Yes, we have all of our equipment set up in a rack. It's what my husband does for a living. No stupid, regular shelf stereo system for us. Everything is automated (I guess that's the right word). If you ever saw the Osbourne's and the remote and system Ozzy couldn't ever figure out, that's what we have. I can't figure it out either, which is why I don't use this PC very often. I hope Ryan can fix my little baby soon. I have many fabulous posts to write. The first day of school, my witty insights on life, etc. I wouldn't want anyone to miss out. I'll try to do it from downstairs, but like I said, it's a pain. I'm not very patient, I don't know how long it will last.

6 comments:

Jillene said...

That is a pain. You can pop on over and use mine if your patience runs out. I am glad that I dont have the whole remote system--Matt would love it but I think I would just be confused and distraught. You better not let Ryan read that--I know what he is capable of! (0:

Kristina P. said...

We've been having problems with our PC too, and in fact, I keep needing to reboot it because the Internet won't let me cut and paste or I can't access a blog from Reader, etc.

We have a new laptop, but I'm not a fan of laptops, so we keep trying to fix this one.

Good luck!

Kristen said...

I feel your pain! My comupter at work died a couple months ago, and I had to use someone else's for like a month. It was not fun.

Holly said...

So sorry about the computer. Hope it is fixed soon and back in working order. I was computerless for a few weeks last January and it was terrible!

Brittany Marie said...

While I was camping this weekend all I could think about was checking my email and blogging. I think I have a problem. Is there an AA for blogging?

Bobie said...

Sorry about the computer problem. Geez, at least somebody agreed that I looked "pale" yesterday!!