Friday, August 1, 2008

Today's August 1st, yesterday was July 31th (oneth)

For some reason, Cameron can't figure out the proper pronunciation of dates that end in the "th" sound. He also says "whathe" day is it today? He gets the whole 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and so on after that. It's just the 31th date that throws him off.

I finally have to fight off the "Mondays" and get out today. My fridge and cupboards are looking a little bare. It's a little like Old Mother Hubbard's house around here. I've resisted as long as I could. We are now out of milk, butter and all other things considered to be essential staples. I'm not looking forward to it. Taking all of my kids to the grocery store is not my idea of a good time. I'd rather lay down in the middle of the street and wait for the garbage truck to run me over. I've even secretly contemplated how lovely it would be to just "run" to the store without telling them. However, I know that's highly illegal, it's a really dumb idea and if I got caught, the state would take them away. Still, it's nice to imagine how quite it would be at the store all by my lonesome.

1 comment:

Rosie and Derek said...

The main thing I like about Derek working from home (even though it is a big pain sometimes) is that I can go grocery shopping by myself!!! I HATE taking the kids, even though I only have two. Good luck!!