Saturday, May 7, 2011

I Don't Know Where He Came From

Peyton is obsessed with being outside. He, in fact, would live outside. He wants to head on out to play as soon as he wakes up in the morning. I, however, think that 6:30 in the morning is a little too early for it. I usually make him wait until his siblings get home from school so that they can keep an eye on him. They don't always keep the most careful watch, oh, and he also has a mind of his own. So, it's sometimes hard for them to watch him. I usually sit by an open window and read while he's out so I can hear what's going on.

He was outside yesterday afternoon and I was at the window listening. I didn't hear him anymore and so I went out to look. (Cameron was supposed to be watching him, but remember how I said he has a mind of his own? ☺) I found him in the front yard. He's supposed to stay in the back. It's fenced. The front yard isn't and he has a propensity to wander out into the street.

I asked him what he was doing. He said, "I'm spying on those people (the neighbor kids). I want to know what they're doing". "You're spying?", I said. "Yes. I have to keep an eye on them", he said. I said, "well, you need to be playing in the backyard. It's much safer back there. Go back there now". He then put his hand on his hip, gave me a goofy look that I think was supposed to be defiant and said, "I protest!". Crazy kid.

No comments: