Thursday, May 5, 2011

It's Llike I'm a Kid Again!

Last summer, I bought Avery a couple of the Ramona Quimby books by Beverly Cleary. I loved those books when I was growing up. I think I read "Ramona Quimby, Age 8" about a million and 10 times. It was just so sweet and fun. I thought Ramona was the coolest girl ever. I loved her attitude and spunk. I wanted her to be real so that we could be friends. No, I think what I really wanted was to be her. ☺

Avery loves the books too! I bought her the whole set a little while back. We read them before she goes to sleep at night. She giggles and smiles and offers her thoughts. We talk about how fun Ramona is. She thought Ramona pulling Susan's curly hair and saying "Boing!" was the most hilarious thing she had ever heard. After reading that the first time, we realized that she too has blond, curly hair. So, we spent a few minutes pulling her curls and saying "Boing!". Avery loves Ramona's attitude and spunk. She wants her to be real so that they can be friends. And the part that I think is just so super sweet? Avery is exactly like her. She's naughty, mischievous, a pest (☺), fun, creative, loving, imaginative, brave and just about the cutest girl ever!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I love those books too! We read a bunch of them on audio book when we were traveling to St. George a few months ago. My kids loved them, and it reminded me how kids think and feel. We too say "boing" when my hair is curly. :)

Christa said...

I bet Avery would love to have the audio versions of the books. I'll have to look into that one.

Also, I know there's a typo in the title of this post (for anyone who is annoyed by it = me), but Blogger is still giving me grief. I don't want to risk getting irritated by trying to fix it. :(p