Friday, May 13, 2011

Today...

Today is a beautiful day.

Today, I think the weather is perfect. I don't think you can ask for anything better than mid-70's and sunny. Not too hot. Not too cold. Today's weather is my idea of heaven.

Today, I had a great workout. I made it through, despite my right knee aggravating me. I feel strong and most importantly, I feel healthy. I even feel okay about my body, despite the badonkadonk I carry around. ☺

Today, my kids are happy and are getting along. Think my positive attitude has anything to do with it? I do. They're listening when I ask them to do things and most importantly, they're doing them without complaining.

Today, I'm remembering that sometimes all it takes to diffuse, or stop a tense situation with my kids, is simply giving them a hug, kiss, smile and telling them I love them.

Today, I love my husband. I love him each and every day all the time, but seem to be especially giddy about it today. I've had to call him 3 times already to tell him so.

Today, I feel creative. I'm going to make something. Whether it be bread, scrapbook pages, or picking up my forgotten granny squares afghan. (I really need to finish that. It's been just over a year since I last worked on it.) I'm going to make something because it makes me feel good.

Today, I'm keeping this quote in mind:

"We should honor the Savior's declaration to 'be of good cheer' (Matthew 14:27). Indeed, it seems to me we may be more guilty of breaking that commandment than almost any other!" - Jeffrey R. Holland

Can you tell I recently bought his book, "Created for Greater Things"? This is like the 3rd(?) quote I've use from him in a week. I've always loved him for his direct/straightforward/tell it like it is style. You'll probably be seeing lots of them from me. Today, I'm going to "be of good cheer". I know that if I keep this quote in mind, I can "be of good cheer" everyday.

Today is a beautiful day!

No comments: