Tuesday, April 8, 2008

My First 5k

I've decided to run a 5k in Murray on the 4th of July. I'll be running with 3 of my sister-in-laws. Sheena, Stephanie & Rachel. Yesterday, I decided to see if I could even do it. I usually only go just over 2 miles a day and a 5k is 3.1 miles. I did the first mile in just over 13 minutes because I was trying to take it slow and pace myself. However, I think I have really crappy arches in my feet and they started to cramp after that mile. So, I slowed my pace even more for the next mile. It took almost that next whole mile at an easy jog for the cramps to ease up. I then attempted to pick up the pace at the end. I did do it. It took 46 minutes which seems pretty pathetic to me. Especially, since Ryan can do it in about 24 minutes. I'm just telling myself that at least I did it and if I keep doing it the only thing that will happen is that I'll get faster. (I hope.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

fabulous idea! how fun to do it all together- if you want i can drive really slow in a car next to you and shout at you through a megaphone like a coach