Thursday, May 29, 2008

I can see clearly now the dirt is gone!

I purchased service from the youth of our ward at last week's Angel Auction Enrichment Night. I first bid on lawn mowing. Ryan was the auctioneer and didn't want to let me have it. He kept saying, "You'll have it done before then. You don't need it." He says things like this just because he likes to hear the gasps that it causes. However, he also knows what I'm like and was just being truthful. He doesn't make me mow the lawn. He has a hard time beating me to it. I just want things done when I want them done. I always seem to be doing 20 things at once. That's according to Ryan. He's always asking me why I can't just do one thing at a time. I just think that I'm being really super efficient. When I'm cleaning the house, I'm usually cleaning the bathroom, dusting the living room,vacuuming, doing the dishes and making scrapbook pages all at the same time. I just move constantly from one room to the next.

I didn't end up getting the lawn mowing. Liz Olson did and promptly walked the certificate over to me as soon as it was handed to her. Phooey on Ryan I guess, but really phooey on Liz. I beat the youth to it as well. When I looked outside on Tuesday and saw just how long and ugly it was, I decided I couldn't subject anyone to it. I mowed it, but decided to save the trimming for Ryan. What I did get and saved for the youth to do was window washing. I provided the buckets and rags and the youth and their leaders came and scrubbed them until they sparkled. It's something I've been wanting to do, but lacked real ambition and motivation to get it done. Unfortunately, the clean outsides reveal the dirty insides. Now, I'm going to have to clean inside as well. Thanks to the youth and their leaders for their help. It was very much appreciated!

3 comments:

Jillene said...

I should have been smart and bid on window washing too. Oh well--I guess we learn from our mistakes. But they did sweep and mop my kitchen floor and they did yard work. For the yard work they raked and swept up all of the pine needles. It was really great!

Jami said...

I am so glad you got your window washed. That is one spring cleaning thing I hate to do at my house, my windows are gross. I just need to make myself go out and do it.

Bobie said...

We will come help do the insides if you would like. I feel like you got jipped since we didn't do the lawn. Let me know and we will fit you in when we do our next rounds of service!!