Friday, May 23, 2008

The incredible, edible cake mix!

You can make pretty much any cookie using a cake mix. I never thought of this until a couple of years ago. I was on the Enrichment committee and we put together a ward cookbook. (I use it all the time, by the way.) Jillene submitted a couple of recipes, like peanut butter brownies and candy bar cookie squares. They both use cake mixes as the "base" or "cookie". I thought, why not use the basic method for other cookies. I tried it the first time when I was in a time crunch, but really wanted to have some chocolate chip cookies for a get together. It worked like a charm. I've mixed up the mix-in ingredient and I've found that if you just stick to this basic formula, pretty much anything will work.

1 cake mix (whatever flavor you want)
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil
baking chips, etc.

I like to make one like this:

1 white cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1 cup Heath toffee bits
1 cup Kraft caramel bits

Last night, for enrichment, I did this:

1 chocolate cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1 bag Andes mint baking chips

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray a 9x13 baking dish. You'll have to smoosh and flatten the cookie dough into the dish. It will be thick. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

I thought that the mint ones were good and I hope they were. Try this and try "mixing" it up. It seems to me that the possibilities are endless. Happy baking!

3 comments:

Bobie said...

They were very yummy!! I will have to try the cake mix idea. I've heard lots of people talk about it, but never knew how to do it. I didn't realize it was in our cookbooks. DUH me!!

Jillene said...

That is one of my all time fav's! I am glad you like it too. I made my cookie bars for the Angel Auction with that recipe except i used no oil and added 1/2 cup brown sugar. I just used chocolate chips and they were really good. Yours were yummy too! I will have to make that one day. Thanks for the great ideas!

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,